I want to Stop Pretending...

Namaste everyone,
A weird thought is really bothering me nowadays...or may be it was always there  and bothering  me deep within but I never ever  expressed it...As we always present a different and rather polished version of ourselves and that we are “Ok” but deep within we are not.. We pretend to be happy but we are not..my below post describes the things we should stop pretending ,start living fully  but as the way we are and feel..and for that we ourselves have to first accept us as we are..Below is the list of our daily pretensions...
  • I am tired of pretending  a perfect picture of myself like most of ordinary people do...
  • I always pretend to be the most adjusting one..
  • I always pretend to be not affected by what other's intentional  or unintentional  comments..
  • I pretend to be not bothered by my failed professional  life..
  • I pretend  to be not bothered by treated as a extra who can fitin any where..
  • I pretend to be happy  all the time..
  • I pretend to agree mostly even  for things I strongly disagree..
  • I pretend to be the one who can ever get angry..
  • I pretend to be not bothered  about how I look..
  • I pretend  to feel nothing..
  • I pretend  to have no priorities, likes or dislikes at all..
  • I pretend to always saying  "Yes",I  just can not say "No" to anyone..
  • I pretend  to be not bothered  about not having a real purpose..
  • I pretend to be not bothered about people never meeting  my expectations..
  • I pretend to be not bothered about people not prioritising me  as I do to them..
  • I pretend to be not bothered  when people ignore me or take advantages from me..
  • In  nutshell I always pretend to be happy and strong..but in reality I am noway even near to that..

I have been like this  for almost 14 years..this was my thought process... But the good part is now that giving yourself to the world and sacrificing  your priorities  and needs is good to  some extent but in all this if you completely forget yourself, you will definitely  end up in deep emotional or sometimes financial  mess as well. Because slowly and gradually you will realise people mostly do not reciprocate  feelings and attention as we give to them..It further results in thoughts  like .."What is wrong with us?""Are we not worthy enough??"
How can we expect others to give us preference  when we give ourselves  the last?
Think about it...
 Sooner or later we have to give ourselves the nourishment of atleast little  self  confidence that we are worth it like every body else is .We have  to stop judging  ourselves and have to stop defining ourselves  as per other people's  definitions.. We can not be so harsh towards  ourselves  all the time..They donot even know us fully..  


We have been presenting a polished  and adaptable picture  of ourselves..We have to stop pretending... We have to start living  for ourselves  as well and most importantly we have to  come out of the shell of the image of the average adjusting one,who fits in every where..Think about it ,this struggle is real..🤔🤔

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent

Why Do We Feel Alone At The End Of The Day?

Feeling lonely at the end of the day... Namaste everyone, An average person  meets around 10,000 people in their life times...but fail to ...